Clyde Poulton Real Estate
68 Bridge Rd Nowra
02 4421 2644
02 4421 2330Contact us
You probably have received a fire warning today or heard about the bush fire out on Filter Road in West Nowra.
Here are a few quick things to check to make sure you’re home is safe for this bush fire season.
1. Check all Smoke Alarms are in good working order. Smoke alarms should be tested once a month and batteries should be replaced once a year.
2. Clean your gutters of any leaves, sticks and debris. Install guards to prevent any debris
3. Keep your lawns short and free of any leaves and branches.
4. Tidy up around the garden of any over hanging shrubs and branches, to minimalise the spread of a fire to your home.
5. Know the bush fire alert levels and the risk factors of the location of your home. Always keep up to date with any fires within your area
6. Have a fire escape plan in case of an emergency, make sure every one within the house knows the plan and where to meet if a fire was to break out.